Thursday, March 14, 2024

fall down, walls

 a long time ago i had a fallout with a friend, and one of the things we fought about was me not opening up. i recall myself reinforcing my walls in many instances in the past. the reason is clear to me - i regretted baring my heart to those who do not remain. 


but I'm really proud of myself now. there are some things i never thought i would tell my friends, but now i have. from telling 1 person throughout 2021 and 2022, to telling 3 people in 2024 already. man. it took a lot of bravery, and I'm not sure if many of you will understand that. sharing such a personal thing with others. expecting them to understand it. love you for it. understand who you are... 


and in doing this, i hope i will forge stronger bonds, and i hope that the friends i deprived this intimacy from, have moved on from me and are happy and loved wherever they are. I'm sorry that their friendship turned into a lesson for both me and them, but I'm happy that we can learn and become better people no matter where we are. it means we still helped each other, even though it might not have been intentionally. 



1 comment: