Sunday, August 13, 2023

the friend you used to love, she is still here

Rarely do I shine a torch on my guilt.
I feel sorry for not having tried harder. 
Sometimes I wonder how much we drifted apart,
how close we were until I slowly broke your heart.
Alas, I did not realize it then. You forgave me many times. 
Brutal it is when I text you now
"How are you? How's family?" and hear nothing back. 

I want you to know and believe
that you were heard and seen, 
maybe not then, but certainly right now.
I am sorry for having been a stupid cow. 
If I could turn the hands of time, 
I would change the lines and make us rhyme. 
But all I have now is this poem on my blog, 
not a conversation with two, just a monologue. 
You used to come here when we were friends, 
I hope you come again and know that I want to amend. 
True friends are hard to find, 
and I have been blind. 
I am sorry that I took you for granted in the past, 
I was selfish and assumed our friendship would just last. 

I want you to know this fact, and hold it dear:
The friend you used to love, she is still here. 



6 comments:

  1. What are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seems like she is talking about feeling guilty about a dead friendship.

      Delete
    2. "A true friend is never truly gone. Their spirit lives on in the memories of those who loved them."

      Delete
  2. Can't you post more? or give some information about what you are writing about? some hints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, I appreciate your comment. As for information, you have the freedom to interpret this poem as you want. If I told you what I mean by the poem, wouldn't it lose its allure? Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

      Delete