Thursday, October 3, 2024

My 21st Birthday

My 21st birthday was yesterday. Well, it was two days ago, but let me stay in line with the long-standing traditions of this secret blog. See: My 18th Birthday Was Yesterday and My not so happy birthday was yesterday

Unlike my 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, and even 20th birthdays, I didn't spend the day feeling lonely, grievous, or sad. I didn't try to label my friendships based on who knows what, I didn't cry at night missing my father. 

Instead, I was surrounded by people who love me, whom I love. We played the dorky games I wanted, like Secret Hitler and Cat-Pizza-Cheese-Goat. I wore a mustard yellow dress and everyone told me I looked beautiful. I baked them cookies. They gave me meaningful gifts, letters, and, obviously the greatest present, their time. 

Online, I received warm and thoughtful messages from close friends and acquaintances alike. I had a huge smile plastered on my face all day long. 

I was able to bamboozle my family into going kayaking with me. It was fun. Even though I missed Moni, the good moments seriously outweighed the bad. 

I felt so loved, happy, and warm. Like one of my friends said, tummy full heart full. 

A birthday girl with her friends. All happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment